Welcome to mXm Gaming Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kotaco

GTA V PS4

28 posts in this topic

For some reason in the back of my mind when I traded it on PS3, I knew it would be ported to PS4, but this looks like more than a port, but a re-enhancement on all fronts. Day one purchase, even though I am digging Watch Dogs more at the moment.

I cant find the article at the moment, but a hacker found original source code in Watch Dogs of the graphics from the E3 2013 showing. Seems as though they nerfed the graphics to make it easier to produce the game multi-platform for last gen and current gen.

GTA V looked good already on the PS3 so I am excited to see the final release.

From what I can see, it's just "this fall"

I thought I read something about the date getting leaked, but I can't find a reference to it at this moment.

Fall is going to be tough if they are considering September (when Destiny also releases). I will definitely pick up the day-1 digital download of GTA V. It is such a fun game.

September is definitely going to be an expensive month.  I should be getting my PS4 that month too.  Although the only title I'm really concerned about (if I can only get one game at that time) is NHL 15.

I have all of the free PS4 games through PS+ as well to play, so those can tie me over until I can get Destiny and GTAV again.

It looks fantastic. The density is almost frightening. I hope it isn't that thick when you are trying haul ass away from a cop or chase down a mission element. Either way day one willy. Will look forward to playing with everyone again. This time no exploits. That ruined it for me last time.

I am just noticing the density now that you've called it out; it's possible they bumped it up for the purposes of the video. In some ways though I also appreciate the big city bustle of it all. Especially after playing WD which packs a lot (of citizens at least) in the environment.

For some reason in the back of my mind when I traded it on PS3, I knew it would be ported to PS4, but this looks like more than a port, but a re-enhancement on all fronts. Day one purchase, even though I am digging Watch Dogs more at the moment.

I cant find the article at the moment, but a hacker found original source code in Watch Dogs of the graphics from the E3 2013 showing. Seems as though they nerfed the graphics to make it easier to produce the game multi-platform for last gen and current gen.

GTA V looked good already on the PS3 so I am excited to see the final release.

They really only nurfed the pc version due to the massive upgrades some people would have had to do ... but with the consoles it was mentioned that it was old code that was basically bypassed but never deleted from the code .. hackers are just finding the old codes for the most part

GTA:V confirmed release date is November 18th (source).  The day before my birthday, how convenient.

November is going to be an expensive month with GTA:V, Project CARS, Far Cry 4, and Call of Duty all releasing that month.

BxVXQIFIIAAGia2.jpg

And this game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4 will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

• New weapons, vehicles and activities
  • Additional wildlife
  • Denser traffic
  • New foliage system
  • Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4 will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 include rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PS4. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4 with much more to come.

Existing players will be able to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to PlayStation 4.

Just caught this "Sleepwalking" edit of GTA V on the PS3 and it reminded me why (for me) it is the best game I've played on the console in last five years. Too excited for the rerelease on PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7qjHCtEpQE&index=3&list=WL

The digital download for the PS4 is finally available. Pre-orders for the game (digital AND disc) get 1,000,000 in currency to be used in single/multiplayer; digital download pre-orders get an additional 300k (for multiplayer) if you do it before November 3rd.