Welcome to mXm Gaming Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BOLD Edition

Edge of Tomorrow

Did any of our family check out this latest Tom Cruise film and have some insightful commentary? I have wavered on seeing it and I suspect it will be out of theaters soon. Wondering if any of you had a compelling reason for me to push to see it instead of waiting for the home release. Let me know what you think!

It really has to be something for it to get me out to the theater. Ill be waiting for this one to hit HBO though. It looks like the same premise as that other "groundhog day" type movie with ...Gillenhall I think it was.

Hmm, was that Zodiac? I can't remember now.

I went to see the most recent Transformers release; it was nearly 3 hours of Michael "Kaboom, Kabam!" Bay; and it was not very enjoyable. I found the actual transforming to be really distracting visually. I think that the complexity and intricacy in transforming that they added in the live-action features actually takes away from the maneuver. I did enjoy Mark Wahlberg's character (I mean, it was reminiscent of 'The Big Hit' Wahlberg -- how could you not enjoy that!) Stanley Tucci's character was also entertaining.

Neither, however, were enough to carry the overall movie for me.

I am hearing the same, movie sucked, don't go watch it if you want good memories of Transformer movies. Only saving grace is Marky Mark is a way more believable action hero than Leblowf.

I will wait for that to hit TV, still watch it because Transformers.

That's a good plan; at home, under the cover of your own roof, you are more likely to take the film in stride. At the theater, with 3D glasses on, in the expensive reserve-only recliners, you will find yourself wondering how you came to spend such a crazy amount of money for 3-hours of bad movie making.