Welcome to mXm Gaming Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andy19

Project CARS

127 posts in this topic

This is the PS4 version so far.  I'd imagine this is the final build as it comes out in a month.

Just shows some features I wasn't aware of.

Got an email from Amazon today saying my preorder is delayed and will ship out April 10th. Looked around the interwebs and it seems as though the game is delayed a couple weeks until the 7th.

Damn it. Used to such things but usually a 2 week delay is something do to with logistics, not programming. Problem with the distribution or marketing scheme. Did they say why?

Here's a pretty recent build of Project CARS being run on PS4. I'd imagine this is what's going to be published, as with only a month to go, there's not exactly a lot of time to do much more than make the physical media.  

This video is from Feb 20th, after they announced the delay.

http://www.twitch.tv/ginxtv/v/3813196?t=21h13m00s

Ignore the guy's terrible driving though...it's brutal.

Edited by andy19

Re: terrible driving; I would imagine there is quite a bit of finesse in gameplay driving with this one; perhaps much more than with GT6 even. It will be interesting to see once you get hands on.

Didn't they already start pre-sales on a gold version? Fascinating. I wonder what was the motivation for the delay. Obviously something major if they have halted again.

I think the reason was the same as the last delay - they want to take the time to really get it polished and not leave any rough corners.

They say it's 99% done, just need a bit more time for that last 1%.

Here's a good video showing a comparison of Driveclub's weather effects to those of Projects CARS.

Personally, I feel like Driveclub looks better in first person (the rain effects on the windshield and mask look more realistic) while Project CARS looks better in a 3rd person view (the misting of the water behind the car is much more realistic)

Edited by andy19

I still think Driveclub looks better.  Something about Project Cars looks a tad cartoonish but I think the weather effects with the wet road reflection and skies look more authentic on DC. Really, its splitting hairs with weather effects between the two.  It all comes down to handling in a racing game and how deep you want to be a gear head.

Edited by ODIN

I still think Driveclub looks better.  Something about Project Cars looks a tad cartoonish but I think the weather effects with the wet road reflection and skies look more authentic on DC. Really, its splitting hairs with weather effects between the two.  It all comes down to handling in a racing game and how deep you want to be a gear head.

​Cocaine. Its a HELL of a drug.

andy19 likes this

We aren't talking SIM aspects Balz, we are talking graphics...   im not a gear head, so I didn't invest into the wrong racer for me.  Its all a matter of preference.  I enjoy DriveClub and it satisfies my racing niche.  I don't feel the need to screw with my chassis or change my gear to sphincter ratio.  

Project Cars developers are the same people who made Need For Speed Shift and Shift 2, so if you thought those games were awesome, then I am sure CARS will be too.

Edited by ODIN