Welcome to mXm Gaming Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BOLD Edition

Gaming is not the most important thing in my life

This opinion piece by Ben Kuchera resonates with me on different levels. As a writer, experiences in life are the things that truly enhance my writing and how much readers will be able to relate to my work. As a gamer, having a passion about the gaming and being able to participate in the culture is but one of of those life experiences. So while gaming is important to me, I would agree with Ben that it is not integral. In some ways, I find this sensibility to be more radical than those who profess to be "hardcore".

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/15/6006185/gaming-balance-development-writing

I am not a huge fan of all the opinion articles polygon has been posting lately. I did enjoy the Facebook comments on this particular one though :P

What was the tone of the comments? Anything of substance? Or did it devolve into a Youtuber comment state of mind? Lately I have found the women and gaming piece engaging (my friend Brianna wrote that one). Also the piece by a young black gamer and his experience desire to have characters represent him more.

Generally, once general anonymous comments are allowed, the intellectual aspect of any opinion piece (or any article for that matter) goes to complete shit.

It's always the loudest voice at the most opposite and agreeing end of the spectrum that get thrown to the top of the comments, along with all their counter arguments.

Comments are the reason I hate the internet.  Even when I try my hardest to agree/see eye to eye with with the opposite point that I have, it's these comments that make it impossible to do so because of the pure ignorance that gets heralded with anonymity.