Welcome to mXm Gaming Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andy19

Your first 'Won the lottery' car purchase

I love the 458 Italia, such a fantastic car.
You're definitely going all-out, eh?
I forgot, I also want a Zonda R. But I also want to be somewhat frugal. I could probably easily spend an entire powerball winnings on cars.

Oh this is fun. I have thought about this for a long time.

First up, I have a long standing deal with Kory. So I will use one of my 3 for that promise...

Aston Martin DB9

Second up would be my daily...

BMW M5

Then, the Eagle Speedster

Why?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPOdCEqsHC0

Cars would be my hobby, but I would be buying the cars I loved as a kid

E28 BMW M5

1972 Nissan Skyline GT-R

Of course, I would have a stable of VW's, but the joy of the collection would be a Mk1 GTI

[quote name='BalzOnYer4Head' timestamp='1376367317' post='3133']
Then, the Eagle Speedster

Why?

Balz, I don't think that sound is worth the styling of the car.
It also reminds me of something you mentioned when we were doing the lap challenges on Forza - it sounds like an angry bee (a quote you said about the Mazda Furai).
I'm surprised a 510 wasn't on your list. Or just a huge list of old EDM.

Speaking of which, where's the 510?

[quote name='andy19' timestamp='1376402275' post='3137']
Balz, I don't think that sound is worth the styling of the car.
It also reminds me of something you mentioned when we were doing the lap challenges on Forza - it sounds like an angry bee (a quote you said about the Mazda Furai).
I'm surprised a 510 wasn't on your list. Or just a huge list of old EDM.

Speaking of which, where's the 510?

[quote name='andy19' timestamp='1376402559' post='3138']
Oh and here's the inpsiration for this topic.
Powerball winner says first purchase is $30,000 1992 NSX.

Oh the 510! I would definitely have a pair of these, the coupe and the wagon. Funky little cars. Maybe cram a late model Nissan straight six under the hood.

As for EDM, I didnt want to bore but you are right. I would want the following.

Lotus Carlton

Peugeot 205 GTi

Lancia Delta Intregrale

Just to name a few.

Someone fix that wiener mobile with a cowprint, only then, will it be fit for a Gordy, lol.

Andy, I am trying to find a video link to a TopGear film where they posed the question, "Purely based on sound, what cars would you use to recreate the famous chase scene from Bullitt"

They sampled V12's, V10's V8's and inline 6's. The Speedster fell in the last category. I am telling you, that car sounds fucking awesome. Also remember you're listening over your crappy laptop speakers.

Edit:
Found it
http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-at-the-movies-2011_part-1_2337760.htm

Click on part 2 over on the right side of the video panel, and start at 1:27 to watch the first part of the segment, then jump to part four and start at 6:30. The Speedster is showcased at the beginning of part 5.

One of my favorite sounding cars is the Porsche carrera gt. It just sounds raw and mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smXRbVZZZgc This about the best video I could find.

[quote name='BalzOnYer4Head' timestamp='1376572949' post='3154']
Someone fix that wiener mobile with a cowprint, only then, will it be fit for a Gordy, lol.

Andy, I am trying to find a video link to a TopGear film where they posed the question, "Purely based on sound, what cars would you use to recreate the famous chase scene from Bullitt"

They sampled V12's, V10's V8's and inline 6's. The Speedster fell in the last category. I am telling you, that car sounds fucking awesome. Also remember you're listening over your crappy laptop speakers.

Edit:
Found it
http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-at-the-movies-2011_part-1_2337760.htm

Click on part 2 over on the right side of the video panel, and start at 1:27 to watch the first part of the segment, then jump to part four and start at 6:30. The Speedster is showcased at the beginning of part 5.

That V8 Jag has such a dirty sound. I love it.
The straight 6 Eagle does sound pretty awesome though. Finally got to hear it with quality headphones/PC sound controller.